Central Government has hiked assistance under PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2020. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has signed the 1st file of increasing rates of Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for both girls and boys. Cabinet has given its approval for a major change in the Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Yojana under the National Defence Fund.
Under the PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) the children of martyr policemen receive assistance from the indian government on the monthly basis. Before the girls got RS. 2250 scholarship now they would get scholarship of Rs.3000 per month and boys got Rs.2000 scholarship earlier and now they will get Rs. 2500 scholarship per month.
PM Scholarship Scheme Assistance Raised
The first cabinet meeting of second tenure of Modi government has taken a very important decision for the welfare of families of martyred policemen. Union govt. is committed towards the welfare of the defence personnels and to enable them to lead a life of dignity as a member of their family has sacrificed his/her life for the the country. Now the children of martyr policemen will get an increased amount of scholarship.
Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Yojana 2020 Major Changes
There are the following major changes in Pardhan Mantri Scholarship Yojana 2020 approved
- The scope of Pradhan mantri Scholarship Yojana is extended towards of sate police officials who are / were martyred during terrorists or naxal attacks
- The quota of new scholarships for wards of state police officials would be 500 in a single year
- The Ministry of Home Affairs will be the nodal ministry in this regard
- Previously, the children of martyrs like Tukaram Omble (killed during Mumbai terror attack) were not eligible for scholarship under Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020
- This new move will remove this anomaly and help families of all those deceased while fighting terror/ naxals in sate police forces